Southeast Hospice affirms the highest quality of life and death that each patient is capable of achieving. Hospice exists to help people in the last stages of a terminal illness live as fully and comfortably as possible. Hospice recognizes dying as a normal process and neither hastens nor postpones death. Southeast Hospice provides expert pain management, symptom control, emotional support and spiritual care to patients and family caregivers when a cure is not possible.
We understand choosing hospice care is a difficult decision. Whenever possible, we include the person who may need hospice care in that decision. Southeast Hospice team can help your care team in choosing the most appropriate health care options for patients and their loved ones.
Southeast Hospice is a not-for-profit agency that is Medicare Certified, Medicaid Approved, State Certified and accredited by the The Joint Commission.
Southeast Hospice is in a partnership with Perry County Memorial Hospital that’s designed to enhance the quality of hospice services for terminally ill patients in the region.
Objectives of Southeast Hospice
- To provide care that addresses the physical needs of the patient as well as the spiritual and psychosocial needs of the family unit through the efforts of an interdisciplinary team.
- To enhance the patient's quality of life by providing services necessary for the palliation and management of the terminal illness and any uncomfortable symptoms associated with that illness.
- To consider the patient and family as the unit of care, providing them information regarding treatment and symptoms of the disease process that facilitates their understanding of and involvement in the care of the patient along with the support of the hospice team.
- To have a positive impact on the care of terminally ill people who reside in nursing homes by providing the same level of care and services as is provided to those in their own home.
- To provide bereavement services for the family unit for up to 13 months after the death of the patient.
- To provide grief support groups as part of the bereavement program.