Southeast Digestive Health Center
Did you know
- Colorectal cancer is the second most deadly cancer for both men and women. It strikes one out of every 18 adults.
- Men and women are equally at risk.
- 85 percent of those diagnosed have no prior family history of the disease. Few, if any, early symptoms of colon cancer are exhibited.
- 90 percent of colorectal cancer deaths could be prevented if detected early through regular screening tests.
- Men and women, age 50 and older, should be screened. People with a family history of colorectal cancer, should be screened even earlier.
- Southeast’s GI program also has received national recognition from the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). Southeast is one of only six GI providers in Missouri and 134 nationally to receive this prestigious award. Southeast is the only hospital in the southeast Missouri and southern Illinois region to earn ASGE recognition.
- More than 3,800 GI surgeries and procedures were performed at Southeast Hospital over the past year.