Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy meets the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit, such as Southeast Hospital, they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of the mission of Southeast Hospital; of the way the hospital intends to use donated resources; and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of individuals serving on the governing body of SoutheastHEALTH Foundation, and to expect such body to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the most recent financial statements of SoutheastHEALTH Foundation.
4. To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of your gift.
6. To be assured that information about your donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing Southeast Hospital will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of Southeast Hospital or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from our mailing list. To know that Southeast Hospital will never sell, give or trade your name to another organization.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.