The Department of Rehabilitative Services offers outpatient therapeutic procedures to patients needing therapy services at SHCRC. The department of therapy services receives orders from physicians for outpatient Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy evaluation and treatment. The staff of SHCRC therapy department will ensure that each patient is treated per physician recommendations.
The Physical and Occupational Therapy department provides services on an outpatient basis, as well as through Ripley County Home Health Agency.
Our caring therapists work with people following mental or physical ill health or disability to enable them to maximize their skills and abilities.
- Customized treatment programs to improve performance of daily activities
- Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptive recommendations
- Performance skills assessed and treated
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Guidance to family members and caregivers
A wide variety of people may benefit from occupational therapy, these may include people with:
- work-related injuries, lower back problems or repetitive strain injuries
- physical, cognitive or psychological limitations following a stroke, brain injury or heart attack
- rheumatoid and age-related conditions such as arthritis, neurodegenerative movement disorders such as multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Parkinson's disease
- birth injuries, learning difficulties, or developmental disabilities
- burns, spinal cord injuries, or amputations, fractures or other injuries
A licensed physical therapist will complete your physical therapy evaluation and set up the plan of care based on the referring physician’s recommendations and the need for skilled services. Physical Therapy—Works with you to improve endurance and resume life activities such as walking, exercising, improving balance, strength and flexibility. Therapists will also educate you and your family on safety and mobility.
A licensed occupational therapist will complete all occupational therapy evaluations and set up the plan of care based on the referring physician’s recommendations and the need for skilled services. Occupational Therapy—Works to restore independence in daily living after an illness, injury, or surgery. Provides education and training to accomplish tasks to avoid pain and fatigue. Therapists will assess the need for assistive devices and provide training.
Speech Therapy—Assists patients with interpreting and remembering written and spoken statements; expressing thoughts through speaking, writing, and facial expressions and promotes safe swallowing.
The Rehabilitative Services Department schedules appointments Monday through Friday from 8:00- 4:30.
Outpatients scheduled for Rehabilitative Services may come directly to the Therapy Department.
To schedule an appointment call 573-996-2141 ext 276.